Welcome to Ashby Art Club
Following feedback from members, we have decided to restart as follows.
1. Resume Monday evening club sessions from 2nd August.
2. Resume Wednesday morning club sessions from Wednesday 4th August.
3. Provisionally on a trial basis for August only, expand the frequency of Wednesday morning sessions, from weeks 2 and 4, to every week.
4. Run both Monday and Wednesday sessions through August, excluding 30th August Bank Holiday. (We will review initial attendance mid-August.)
5. Allow all 2020 Club members to attend these sessions without further charge, through to the end of August 2021. Charges will still apply to visitors.
6. Progress with the attached 2021/22 programme with the 2021/22 session starting on Monday 6th September.
7. Relax the joining period to cover August/September 2021, i.e. no set Joining Night.
8. Provide all 2020 Club members with discounted membership of £25 (instead of full £45 cost).
9. Request Members pay membership via bank transfer, where possible.
Smisby Hall is having there kitchen upgraded, so it won't be available until mid-August. However, toilets will still be available.
Initially, we are asking members to take their own refreshments and their own table covers (e.g. newspaper) and to take any rubbish home with them.
Please adhere to all Covid guidance in the Hall.
For the benefit of others, please maintain social distancing. Do NOT attend if you have cold/flu symptoms, suspect you may have been in contact with someone with Covid or have been asked to isolate.
Please also help by both setting up and replacing your table/chair.
Note: The programme includes an initial set of demonstrations. We intend to expand on those after our resumption.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.
For full details of our 2021/2022 programme and downloadable pdf. see our PROGRAMME Page
Anyone can come along and join Ashby Art Club on any Monday evening and /or on the second and fourth Wednesday morning each month.
If you would like to paint alongside like minded people, of all different abilities, then Smisby Village Hall is the place for you. You will find a warm and friendly atmosphere - so why not give it a try.
Wednesday morning painting sessions are 9.30 am to 12.00 noon on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of each month
New Season will start 6th September 2021
Why not come along and join us, bring your friends - non-members are welcome (£3.00 charge)
Annual Subscription rate
The Annual Subscription remains at £45 for the 2021/2022 season. This will give free access to Monday evening and Wednesday morning painting sessions and all demonstrations.
You can download a membership form by clicking on the attachment below
The full details of the Art Club programme can be found by clicking on the programme tab at the top of the page. Non members can attend workshops ( £5 extra to the fee) and come along to the demonstrations too ( £5 per demonstration).
Our Twitter account
If you are a Twitter member please look at the account and we would welcome you to 'follow'.
Our Facebook Page
Margaret Jones has kindly set up a Facebook page for Ashby Art Club, see www.facebook.com/
Members are invited to visit the page and to "like" it.
Mark Gruber is a first class framer and has been recommended by a member of the club, who has used his services on a number of occasions and has been very satisfied with the results.
Marks’ stall on the Market is open from 9 am to 2.45 pm Tuesday to Saturday and he will give a 10% discount to all Ashby Art Club Members, you just need to show your membership card.
click to enlarge
Some club members and tutors provide pictures for an art exhibition (in conjunction with the Ashby Camera Club) at the invitation of the Castle Medical centre, Ascebi House, Burton Road.